NEW USMC MSR MIOX WATER PURIFIER - SURVIVAL HYDRATION BUGOUT PREPPER RECON
NEW USMC MSR MIOX WATER PURIFIER
SURVIVAL HYDRATION BUGOUT PREPPER RECON
Brand New…..This is a USMC issued MIOX
MSR Water Purifier…..This is the military version of this water purifier as it is
tan rather than the commercial ones that are red…..Kit
contains all original pieces and comes with (2) Surefire SF123A 3V lithium batteries*Expire 2017
The MSR MIOX
Purifier is the easiest and most reliable method for warfighters to purify water in the field.
Meets the U.S. EPA’s standard for portable water purifiers. Kills bacteria, viruses, and protozoa.
Developed for Military Applications:
The MSR MIOX
Purifier was developed for the U.S. military by the MIOX Corporation and Mountain Safety Research (MSR), with support from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The product is a miniaturization of MIOX’s municipal water purification systems, a technology that been proven to
be safe and effective in providing up to 1 billion gallons of water per day to consumers Worldwide.
Prototypes of the
MSR MIOX Purifier performed flawlessly during Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and provided safe drinking water to Iraqi citizens during the war in Iraq.
How It Works:
The MSR MIOX Purifier uses electricity to convert salt and water into a powerful disinfectant. Operation is simple. Remove the cap, add a few drops of water, and shake to create a brine solution.
Press the button, and the brine is converted into a mixed oxidant solution through electrolysis. Pour this solution into a
canteen or hydration system and wait 30 minutes. The result is safe drinking water.
Ultra-light and compact - 1/4 the weight and 1/7th the
size of a hand held filtration pump.
Easy to use - add water, shake, then press the button.
- Can rapidly treat multiple containers of water at one time, so you don’t waste time pumping a filter.
- Variable dosage lets you set the unit to purify
anywhere from .5 L to 4L at a time.
- Safety Indicator Strips increase confidence by verifying performance in “worst case water”. * Expired 08-09
- No iodine is used, so there is no iodine taste or health risk.
- Shock and freeze tested to ensure that it can withstand accidental falls and the harshest weather conditions.
- No shelf life – the unit produces a
fresh solution for each use.
- Low-maintenance – occasionally replace salt and lithium camera batteries.
- End-of-Life Indicator – Warns you when the batteries
are getting low.
- Treats over 200 Liters on a set of batteries.* Expire 2017
- Shock and Freeze Proof.
- Submersible to 60’.
- Works in extreme environments.
- Smaller and lighter than existing commercial products.
- [Weight: Pen – 3.5 oz. Complete Kit – 8 oz.]
- MSR MIOX Purifier
- Safety Indicator Strips Expired 08-2009
- Instruction Booklet
- Stuff Sack